Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Power USB C options

Posted by Drew769 
Power USB C options
January 13, 2024 06:58PM
Hey All,

Brand new owner/user here. I’m loving the Vanity Pro this far as a bridge between my Sony UDP X1100ES and my EMM Labs Dac 2X v2. Basically I’m getting a very high quality SACD DSD stream to my DAC, which before HDMI spitters would have only been possible with an EMM transport (at $15k+ new). Game changer!

Anyway, I’ve always been a big believer in power supplies, especially with digital sources. I’m a little confused about what the VP needs (or what works best). I ordered with the double usb plug option with two USB-A to USB-C cords. It’s convenient and sounds fine. Is there a big performance difference, however, using a dedicated linear power supply? (Or two?). I’m thinking that this box is just delivering a digital stream so I’m not sure popper supply has much to do with the sound quality, but I figured I’d ask.
Re: Power USB C options
January 13, 2024 07:51PM
Hi Drew,
Welcome! It is great to hear that you are enjoying the VanityPRO. Your question about the power supply is quite relevant. To take full advantage of the dual power input and the dielectric barrier one should use decent quality and ideally isolated power supplies. You are more than welcome to experiment with various options, or you can (very soon!) grab our linear power supply designed specifically for the VanityPRO: https://audiopraise.com/projects/internal/vanitypsu/
You can pre-order from JVB with delivery in about 3 weeks.
It would be difficult to tell if and how much it would improve the sound in you case, the best way to is try it and listen smiling smiley
Best Regards,
Pavel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login