Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Turning Bit stream on and off

Posted by Karl W. 
Turning Bit stream on and off
December 06, 2023 01:50AM
"Bit Stream: Selects whether support for bitstream audio formats is enabled or disabled. Available
settings are ON and OFF. Unless the VanityPRO is connected to a downstream bitstream decoder,
this parameter should be set to OFF." How would this function be used if it were turned to "on?" Would the downstream decoder work in conjunction with the VanityPRo? I am confused as to the purpose or function of this? I just send LPCM to my VanityPRo. What scenario would entail it receiving LPCM and at the same time bitstreaming to a downstream decoder?
Re: Turning Bit stream on and off
December 06, 2023 12:43PM
Hi Karl W,
This option has been added primarily for scenarios, when the HDMI source (streamer, BD player) has no explicit option to set the output audio format to LPCM and bitstream is either higher priority format or the only format available and the user got a loud noise coming from the VanityPRO instead of LPCM audio. I believe there are not many products such as cinema processors/decoder in the market that would be able to decode multichannel bitstreams from digital audio inputs. This is a domain of AVRs or sound bars with the signal supplied exclusively via HDMI. But still we left the option there (Bitstream ON) in case someone would have a purpose for passing a bitstream through. Hope it answered the question.
Best Regards,
Pavel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login