Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Audio drop outs regardless of DPLL setting in DAC

Posted by bas303 
Audio drop outs regardless of DPLL setting in DAC
July 06, 2023 09:50PM
Hi folks,

I'm experiencing a lot of audio drop outs. Sometimes they hardly occur but most of the time they happen a bunch of times per minute (various channel counts, bitrates and sampling frequencies)

I have the following setup:

Oppo 205 >> VanityPro with 4x XLR AES/EBU >> Okto DAC8 Pro

I've tried to play with the newly enabled DPLL settings on the latest Okto firmware but none of the values seem to help. I'm also running the latest VanityPro firmware.

As it is now, the solution is totally unusable sad smiley

Anyone have pointers on how to troubleshoot and resolve?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2023 09:53PM by bas303.
Re: Audio drop outs regardless of DPLL setting in DAC
July 12, 2023 12:36PM
Hi Bas303,
Thanks for your question. The setup you have described is very common and all components are proven many times to work well together. In order to resolve your issue, let me summarize the info provided and ask a few questions.
- You are running the latest VanityPRO firmware V5.1
- The VanityPRO is connected to the OPPO205 and 4x XLR output goes to OKTO DAC8 PRO.
- DPLL setting on the OKTO has no effect on the dropouts.

- Can you determine of the dropouts are caused by the DAC unlock condition or the VanityPRO? Please check the home screen on the VanityPRO if either of the HDMI indicators change colour during the dropouts and if you can see any suspicious behaviour of the Audio parameters in the System Status screen - Status, MODE, XO control and Buffer. Please send a photo of the Status screen or take a short video of both the Home and Status screen with audio so the dropouts are audible.
- What power supplies do you use? Can you try a different power adapter for either side - HDMI and audio, to see if the power supplies are not faulty?
- Safe DPLL value of the OKTO with the VanityPRO is between 12 and 13. Please check the value is set correctly.
- Double check the signal cabling between the VanityPRO and the OKTO, just to make sure there is no broken cable, bad contact, etc.
Best Regards,
Pavel
July 26, 2023 09:41AM
Hi Pavel,

Thanks for the response, I'll play around and see if I can isolate the problem. I will return back here after further investigation.
October 28, 2023 05:46PM
Hi folks,

I did a complete cleanup of my set-up including checking all cables, power outlets, checking polarization of power connections, etc. The problems I was having seem to be resolved.

Thanks all,

Bas
October 30, 2023 11:09AM
Hi Bas,
Thanks for the update! I am glad to hear that the problem has been resolved.
Best Regards,
Pavel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login