Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HDR and Dolby Vision

Posted by clar2391 
HDR and Dolby Vision
December 28, 2022 11:07PM
I also sent this inquiry to the email address listed on the Contact Web page before I found his forum so please forgive this post if answered via email.

Does the VanityPro preserve both HDR and DOLBY Vision? From what I've read, it may preserve HDR buy maybe not DOLBY Vision.

Thanks,
Jim
Re: HDR and Dolby Vision
December 29, 2022 03:10PM
If it does not, use this [hdfury.com] . There is also an 8k version available for pre-order. Even if the VanityPro can pass DV,it’s only a matter of time before there is some new video spec that is unsupported, such is the case with HDMI.
December 30, 2022 05:25PM
Hi Jim,
Thank you for the question here as well as via the contact form. For the benefit of other visitors I will just repeat what I replied to you directly. Although we haven't tested Dolby Vision pass through in flesh, the HDMI subsystem of the VanityPRO should have no issues with Dolby Vision. It supports 12-bit Deep Full HD, Full 3D, HDR and 4K2K 60Hz video with 18Gbps bandwidth, basically the same as the Hdfury device linked above.

Karl, can you please describe how you have the HDfury Arcana connected in your system? I am not entirely sure about the purpose of such device and how it would help with the Dolby Vision. From the description I would assume it splits input HDMI stream into separate audio and video output streams. Is that correct? Does it feature some "smart" EDID management as well?
Thank you.

Pavel
January 04, 2023 06:04AM
I don't have that device. I have contacted HD Fury as to which is the best device to purchase and will purchase one shortly. The problem that I have is that when I try to use Dirac Live, with the Vanity pro, Dirac sees the audio capabilities of the sink device. So when I have the Vanity Pro connected to my PC and then to my monitor, Dirac sees the audio capabilities of that monitor. That's fine for two channel Dirac but does for work for multi-channel. I think I need a device that can edit EDID and HD Fury sells those types of products. That way I think I can force Dirac to see the sink device as 7.1.

I have to VanityPro working with both Roon and Jriver in 7.1. I may just my switch to room correction systems that create filters that I can use in those programs and abandon Dirac. This is a Dirac live issue.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login