Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem in running AP firmware loader

Posted by dkys 
Problem in running AP firmware loader
December 17, 2023 08:20AM
I tried to run the AP firmware loader v0.5 from my PC but received a prompt saying mfc140.dll is not found as attached. Do you know how to resolve this problem?

Thanks
Dennis
Attachments:
open | download - 20231217_150037.jpg (2.77 MB)
Re: Problem in running AP firmware loader
December 17, 2023 10:35PM
Hello Dennis,

you probably don't have a Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 installed on your computer.

You can get it e.g. here: [www.microsoft.com]

Regards,
Milan
December 23, 2023 06:57AM
Thanks for the advice. I did download the C++files but only downloaded the x64 version. For some reason, after downloading both the x64 and x86 versions, I can now use the AP firmware loader V5. However, I run in to the same problem with the other users where the display shows after successful upgrade to HDMI V35A1:

> Status: NOK
> SW version: -
> DFU version: -

I am using a Window 11 pc. Are you working on to resolve this issue or should I just go back to the previous FW version first while you are working on it?

Thanks
December 23, 2023 10:55AM
Hello Dennis,

sorry to hear you still have these troubles. Do you have a chance to try the upgrade from Windows10 PC? Can you please try to upgrade the HDMI using this FW version and send me a picture of VPRO display after the upgrade is completed link

Thanks
Milan
December 24, 2023 07:51AM
I have used the a Window 10 Pc but the same problem appears as in the Window 11 PC. I also tried the file in your link and the VPRO shows:

> Status: NOK
> SW version: -
> DFU version: -
> Packet error: 0

I attach a picture of the VPRO and the error message from the PC for your reference.

Dennis
Attachments:
open | download - 20231224_144153.jpg (1.64 MB)
open | download - 20231224_144230.jpg (2.61 MB)
January 07, 2024 09:22PM
Hello,

just to let all you know, together with Dennis, at the end we were able to program the HDMI FW at Dennis side. As it was written here in the forum many times, in order to have a successful upgrade of Vanity PRO, it is recommended to use a Win10 PC with MS Visual Redistributable 2015 or newer. In case it will fail anyway, try to reinstall your MSVR first, you can also try another USB port or Run the Audiopraise FW loader in compatibility mode or run as an administrator. In other cases, please contact us directly to support you with the solution.

Regards,
Milam
January 08, 2024 07:54AM
I just want to thank Milan for all his help in the past couple of weeks after numerous email exchanges. We tried different loaders and programs and I am very happy that it all worked out and the VPRO has been upgraded successfully finally.

Thank you
Dennis
January 11, 2024 04:46PM
Hi, Milan. It's good to see you here! Do you think if I run the firmware loader in compatibility mode or as an admin it will run on Win 11?

Best wishes,

Bob

Milan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello,
>
> just to let all you know, together with Dennis, at
> the end we were able to program the HDMI FW at
> Dennis side. As it was written here in the forum
> many times, in order to have a successful upgrade
> of Vanity PRO, it is recommended to use a Win10 PC
> with MS Visual Redistributable 2015 or newer. In
> case it will fail anyway, try to reinstall your
> MSVR first, you can also try another USB port or
> Run the Audiopraise FW loader in compatibility
> mode or run as an administrator. In other cases,
> please contact us directly to support you with the
> solution.
>
> Regards,
> Milam
January 11, 2024 05:11PM
Hello Bob,

honestly, we haven’t tested FW upgrade on Win11 so far as we all have the PCs with win10. If you are happy to try, I would suggest to have a working Win10 with AP loader next to, just in case your Win11 fails.

Anyhow we are already working on the new version of AP FW loader, so all the issues with different OS and OS platforms should be solved for forever, but we still need some more time to finish this project.

Regards,
Milan
January 12, 2024 06:22PM
Thanks, Milan. I can wait, but in the meantime, if there is new firmware, I will try it first on Win 11 in compatibility mode.
February 13, 2024 01:40PM
Hi,

I just wanted to chare my journy to help out others with this isseu. I've read all the forum posts, the manual and headed off trying to upgrade the VP. None the less first mistake was the Windows 11 first try around that is my fault read the forum and it was clearly mentioned... next issue to get a win10 machine luckily my sons has the oldest school laptop and indeed a win10 unit.

went through the steps no luck tried many times looked on the web for guidance dll issues fixes updates the lot...finaly 1 component wasn't done on the win10 upgrade updates and a quality patch that fixes the MSVS c++ problem... once done the falshing of the HDMI and new frimware was done in only a few minutes and success.

long story short first make sure the win10 has done all the upgrades before attempting the upgrade on the VP.

cheers,
J.

4K UHD - APVP - minidsp - Okto8Pro - Hypex
March 25, 2024 04:42PM
Hi, Pavel. Any progress in getting Windows 11 to work with the firmware uploader? I have to jump through hoops, remove the Vanity from my rack and bring it upstairs and connect it to my iMac running Parallels.... that's really really really awkward. Sorry.
March 27, 2024 12:07PM
Hello Bob,

I am afraid, this implementation will take us some more time than expected, so our current estimation we could have a working solution is somewhere around June/July.

Regards,
Milan
March 28, 2024 06:12PM
Milan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello Bob,
>
> I am afraid, this implementation will take us some
> more time than expected, so our current estimation
> we could have a working solution is somewhere
> around June/July.
>
> Regards,
> Milan

Understood. Thanks for trying and for being there.

Bob
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login