Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

High altitude affects on electronics. Advice?

Posted by gabrielantonio 
High altitude affects on electronics. Advice?
June 13, 2018 10:14AM
Hi,

I would like to start off and say that I have been bouncing around ideas ranging from weather tracking to chemistry to astronomy but I think I've come up with something that I really would enjoy. My plan is to send a weather balloon into near space while carrying an electronic(s). Some issues I can see are temperature affecting the electronics but i plan to control the temperature the best I can. Also, the electronic short circuiting and catching on fire. I know that the higher we go up the pressure drops and so does air density. I think that, that will play a big role in affecting the electronic. Now another issue would be what electronic to actualy send up there, laptop computers seemed very interesting but a little too advanced for me. Maybe a simple circuit? A watch? Parallel circuit? Series Circuit? I would also like to measure it while it is in the air but I'm not sure what I should measure. I apologize if this is kind of just a ramble but I have a lot of ideas and would like to really focus on since my deadline is in march. Thank you for your time.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
[www.sciencebuddies.org]
Transportation Software Video

Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login