Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Warpspeed LDR + Vanity93

Posted by Happyrabbit 
Warpspeed LDR + Vanity93
May 07, 2012 06:22AM
I am using my vanity93 in a 3.1 configuration ( no rear speakers @ the moment). The Passive 6 Channel Preamp is based on the Warpspeed LDR. L+R handled by the Octave DAC. Center + LFE handled by the Bifrost. I am using AudioMagic Liquid Air RCA + Digital. I currently own a CLASSE SSP-800. The passive LDR has a sense of presence + dead silent background unsupported by the Classe unit. BD movies have a different feel. This setup adds a good dose of realism... I can also switch to 2 channel mode. The best of both worlds I plan on getting another Octave Dac for the center channel and moving the Bifrost to the Rears. See attached pic.

Dwight

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2019 11:18PM by Happyrabbit.
Attachments:
open | download - passive pre 2.JPG (734.1 KB)
Re: Warpspeed LDR + Vanity93
May 09, 2012 05:33PM
Hello Dwight,
thanks for posting the pictures of your setup. I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks. Well done!

Pavel V.
May 13, 2012 12:23AM
I am a bit surprised the home theaters people have not discovered this setup. The complexity and $$$$ for a good 5.1 is a bit ' Shock & Awe '...... Audiopraise should be given an award for offering such a product. Seriously..7.1 Digital Coax that is reclocked....Bye Bye HDMI smiling smiley the ulitmate home theater setup without question.

Dwight
February 17, 2013 06:42PM
The Sophia's 300b are more resolving. The reclocker (vanity93) becomes more apparent. I am still using the Octave Dac & LDR.

Dwight
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login