Vanity HD and CDs/USB
January 13, 2017 02:31PM
Looking at the Vanity103 HD DoP SPDIF version for use with a 103 to a PS Audio Directstream dac via SPDIF. In addition to SACDs, etc., what effect does the Vanity have on CD and USB audio quality? Thanks,
Re: Vanity HD and CDs/USB
January 13, 2017 11:02PM
Hi highstream,
For CD playback you get the output digital signal reclocked with the Vanity's buffer based clock loop. I believe that BDP-103 doesn't have USB audio input (only 105 has it). If you mean the media playback from USB drives that the same applies as for the CD/DVD (PCM in general). Hope it helps.
Regards,
Pavel

highstream Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looking at the Vanity103 HD DoP SPDIF version for
> use with a 103 to a PS Audio Directstream dac via
> SPDIF. In addition to SACDs, etc., what effect
> does the Vanity have on CD and USB audio quality?
> Thanks,
January 13, 2017 11:37PM
Thanks. Perhaps I misunderstand what you mean by the 103 not having USB audio input. I use the front port frequently for music, and unless the file has a video suffix, it plays from the music mode.
January 16, 2017 02:14PM
USB audio port is basically an USB sound card - you plug it into your computer/phone where it appears as an audio device. It is different thing from audio files playback from USB flash or HDD drives. Check specs for BDP-105, this one has USB audio.
January 16, 2017 04:52PM
OK, I see, thanks.. So the Vanity card does functionally for USB media with the 103 what the 105 has built in (and hopefully a little better sonically).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2017 04:53PM by highstream.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login