Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

STREAMING DSD FILES FROM PC TO OPPO VIA ETHERNET

Posted by fmsolidsnake 
STREAMING DSD FILES FROM PC TO OPPO VIA ETHERNET
January 25, 2016 11:39PM
Hi guys, I want to stream dsd files from computer to Oppo and then from Oppo to Dac.
Can I stream dsd files from pc to Oppo using ethernet connection or I have to stream them by usb ?
Thanks.
Re: STREAMING DSD FILES FROM PC TO OPPO VIA ETHERNET
January 28, 2016 10:26PM
Hi there,
The question is a little bit tricky as you are asking about streaming from a PC to the OPPO. This is something that relies on DLNA capabilities and compatibility on both sides which is not always perfect. Better solution is to playback DSD files by the OPPO from network attached storage, so no streaming takes place and the whole Ethernet playback process is managed completely by the OPPO. Moreover you can also use OPPO Media control app for convenient control. You just make your music library available for sharing on your PC and use network playback functions of the OPPO.

Regards,
Pavel
Re: STREAMING DSD FILES FROM PC TO OPPO VIA ETHERNET
January 28, 2016 11:45PM
Thanks for answering and ... yes I understand my question was not only tricky but stupid at all.

I evidenced testing ethernet connection it doesn't work.

You can listen only cda format (at 44.1) and if you have not installed asio driver for Windows the media server (I used Universal Media Server) cannot show you other formats at all (no DSD and no 96 or 192 khz).

I suppose I need to install something like Hysolid and the Asio driver too and then connect the Oppo to pc by Usb.

I thought about ethernet like a shortcut: I fall in mistake.

Bye.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2016 11:49PM by fmsolidsnake.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login